Saturday, February 25, 2012

The God Particle

It's the day we've all been waiting for. The accelerator was on line and particles were speeding along miles of tunnels, the target primed. The goal was to unravel the secrets of the universe. The god particle would finally be seen and prove my theory. An explosion. Suddenly I am transported to what I can only describe as another world. Another dimension. Nothing is familiar. Nothing seems real. There is a long tunnel stretching before me. It's like a recurring dream with the same marble columns and there is a Deja Vu like feeling which pervades my senses, raising the skin on my forearms, like goose flesh. A palpable thumping sound permeates the air. It thumps like a heartbeat but the tone is melodious from instruments I've never heard. The temperature is ambient and suddenly realize I'm naked. I am alone. The tunnel has a bright light ahead and I begin to walk toward it, unafraid. Am I dead? I think to myself and shiver. Will I ever see my family again? My daughter needs her mother. I touch the nobs on the doors as I pass. All locked. They are all the same. I reach the end of the tunnel and there is a door which is larger than all the rest. It is open and I push it open further. Stars. Constellations I have never seen before. Two sun's occupy this galaxy I seem to be in. I step forward drifting away. I see the face of God.

No comments:

Post a Comment