Monday, December 28, 2009

Characters

As a writer it wouldn't be correct to take credit for the characters in my novels or short stories. They are for the most part not fictional and based on real people I have met, worked with or observed. People watching is one of my favorite passtimes. Sometimes it borders on passive stalking as I may be intently watching that person, memorizing facial features, body habitus, posture, dress style, etc. You get the picture. In the word of anonymus, "You can't make this stuff up." There are some larger than life characters out there walking the earth and some of them get to be a character in a work of fiction. Should they recognize themselves then they may be flattered or angered. See the disclaimer in the front of the book. My blog is about some characters I've met. I hope you will enjoy reading about them as much as I enjoy writing about them. The names are changed to protect their anonymity.

No comments:

Post a Comment